Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First time blogging/Day out for only $14!

Tuesday, September 1st 2009 10:26 pm

Hello everyone! Kelaiah Lynn is my pen name, you can all call me Barb, which is my real name.

Today is my first day as a blogger. I don't quite know what I am doing yet, so bare with me. Feel free to contact me if you have any helpful information on how the heck to do this! LOL...
Today Cheyenne and I ventured out and went all over the place via city bus. I only spent $14! I bought breakfast at McD's (yes I know, not healthy-but it was mostly to let her play in the playplace, and we do not make a habbit of eating there very often) To save myself money I bought the "big breakfast, and shared it with her. (The lady working there gave me 2 free bus passes because she heard me talking about how expensive it is, and scince her husband works with the bus sytem out here, she wanted to be nice) so, I used one for the day andI saved the other) It costs $5.25 for an all day pass if bought as you are boarding the bus, but if you buy one at a ticket location ahead of time, it is $3.50.
I bought my daughter a "cooking" set for $1, 2 12 packs of pens for $1 each, and some green cleaning scrubbers at the .99 cents only store, a tiny "hope chest" and a pair of $1 earings at Bookman's, and...THAT'S IT! We brought frozen water bottles (that used to be sobe lifewaters) to drink from, and 2 apples for a snack.
I had so much fun getting out of the house, and enjoying spending time with my toddler on such little money. By the time we got home we were both very hot and very tired, but it was all worth it.!
Do any of you have some money saving tips on how to have fun? Contact me!
***Anyhow, tomorrow is grocery day. I am not looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment