Sunday, September 6, 2009

About kitties that need homes!!!



I have working really hard to find homes for all the cats that come our way. I believe God has chosen me to do this service for him. It started in 2002, when we had a very small house in a very run down neighborhood. There was so many feral cats there that were reproducing. I managed to rescue them one at a time and try to domesticate them. Some of them were in too poor of condition, others we kept or adopted out.
To this day, we now have a total of 7, and 6 of them are adoptable. I am not certified nor am I a shelter. I do not have the funds to get them vaccinations or neutered/spayed. They have all been given lots of love and affection and are all very sweet. The small ones are now 7.3 weeks old. Orignally there was 5, been one was adopted last week and another one today. YAY!!! I always screen the people interested in them, and meet them first before allowing them to bring them home. The trouble I am having right now is people only wanting kittens and not the older ones we have, or they respond to my add just to get my email address to send stupid adds. I hate that!
Anyway, I just wanted to vent my frustration and if any of you know someone in my area, please ask them if they want a lifelong member to their family. The kids and I feel overwhelmed right now with all the tasks of feeding them and everything. It is becoming quite costly and right now we are out of food and litterbox sand. Please say a prayer for us that the Lord will provide homes, and food/litter. Thanks! P.S.-Ask your friends to follow my blog! -Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment