Thursday, September 24, 2009

And BABY turns 3!


So Tuesday was my baby's 3rd birthday...Friday we had cake and Ice cream with just us and her cousins Malachi and Zephaniah, who are 4 and 2. I
I wanted to throw her a real party. You know, the type with decorations, little ones running around, Moms visiting, and the whole shabang. I was so depressed to not have know anyone well enough to invite...
But then, I realized that she really doesn't know any different, and will like her birthday no matter how many people were there, and I became thankful that at least Beth was able to be there with her boys and celebrate with us!
There was only one gift, a doodle pro from Daddy and I. She loves to draw, and I thought it would be the perfect gift. It was a hit! (even with the boys!) LOL...
The cake was absolutely tasty, and adorable too. I was really so thankful to Ronald for buying both the cake and the ice cream. He did a beautiful job! It meant alot to me to at least be able to have playmates around her, even if they were boys, who cares right? I could not have asked for a better blessing!
Maybe someday we will actually know more friends and be able to have playdates on a regular basis...but for now, I'm just happy to have the time I did with the family to celebrate her special day-
So, back to Tuesday-Ronald came over, and we took C to the local Walmart store. I wanted to buy cupcakes to have with the fam, since Daddy was not there for her little "party" on Friday and it was just going to be us and no guests this day. (Ronald could not join us that particular evening, and of course Beth had gone home days prior to that.)
I envisioned cute little colorful cupcakes with maybe some sprinkles or a toy on top of them...BUT, my toddler had other plans! She chose some various colorful cookies instead, and then she saw the strawberries, and the bananas, and the apples...LOL! So, we bought them all. (gotta love veggie and fruit eaters!)
Next was the toy isle. O BOY! (or shall I say girl)
You would think for her actual "birth-day gift", she would pick something frilly and girly, like a baby-doll or a Barbie-Maybe even PollyPocket, My little pony, or something. Not my little girl! She's too smart right now for wasting time on "girly toys!" She picked out a GIANT bouncy ball with Mickey Mouse on it! This was the toy of her choice from Ronald.
So after arriving back home, Ronald left-My kids came home from their EagleRidge Enrichment Program, and we waited for Daddy to arrive. After eating dinner, we got the camera ready, sang her happy birthday (she didn't talk the whole time the camera was on her) and she "served" the cookies all by herself. (her own idea) It was adorable!
Phil and I then set up an area to take birthday pics of her. I had this gorgeous pink fluffy dress in size 4T that was given to me when she was only a few months old. I had been saving for her second birthday, but it was still way too big last year...I I brought it out from the closet and good grief there was no way she was going to wear it! She kept saying, "No Mamma, that one!" (pointing to her favorite navy blue with red polka-dot ladybug dress) O my, I lose on this one too....So, she also picked her own dress for her birthday.
You should have seen Phil and I trying to get her to pose and smile! I had to make silly faces BEHIND the camera at her, make funny noises, and flash her my boobies a few times (weird I know, but it worked!) just to get her out of her shell and make her laugh or smile! The pics turned out wonderful, and not half bad for bein done at home by ametuers! LOL (I just wish we had been able to keep the red sheet stretched out behind her.)
Needless to say we even got some nursing shots! (she was very tired already anyway!) The evening came to close about 9pm with her passing out on the floor while we were watching the family movie "Wall-E". It was a PERFECT day, free of hassel or stress. Thank you Lord, for the simple pleasures or children's birthdays!




No comments:

Post a Comment